Silverdale, Washington | Visit Website
This is organization is the only brick and mortar shelter in its county that takes in cats and dogs (and other animals), is open admission, and includes the county's Animal Rescue and Enforcement Department.
How this Shelter Helps Pets, People and the Community
- Provides low-cost spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchipping and a pet food pantry to county residents
- Rescues at-risk animals in need from other shelters across the region
- Arranges foster care for animals that need extra socialization or treatment for medical conditions prior to adoption
- Trains volunteers in understanding both cats and dogs
- Brings adoption and foster programs into the community to make saving pets easier than ever
By the Numbers
- Rescued 1221 at-risk pets from other shelters
- Provided foster care to 814 underage, sick and injured animals
- Found adoptive homes for 4,515 pets
- Animal save rate is in excess of 95%
How $25,000 from HomeAgain Helps Would Aid this Shelter
Winning the Grand Prize would enable Kitsap Humane Society to expand its adoption, rescue transfer and foster care programs and make critical facility upgrades such as creating more space for each animal and indoor-outdoor runs for big dogs. New tech tools would enable staff to get adoptable pets promoted online sooner. Animal health products would expand veterinary services. Additionally, foster families could receive a start-up kit to help with orphaned-animal care.
Kitsap Humane Society cares deeply about it's animals. Each year almost 5,000 animals arrive at this open admissions shelter, and each year 95% of these animals find a home.