Lemoore, California | Visit Website
Every time Valley Animal Haven is able to rescue a cat or dog from a shelter that euthanizes, an animal's life is saved.
How this Shelter Helps Pets, People and the Community
- Operates as a non-profit, no-kill shelter
- Focuses primarily on rescuing animals about to be euthanized at other shelters
- Provides rescued dogs and cats with love, care and a home
- Educates every shelter visitor on the need to spay or neuter
By the Numbers
- Saved the lives of 297 dogs and cats
- 95% of dog population comes from facilities with a death row
How $25,000 from HomeAgain Helps Would Aid this Shelter
The Grand Prize would go far in making animals more comfortable. A portion would be used to install a misting system to help cool them on hot summer days and heat lamps and insulated dog houses to provide warmth in winter. Funds would also be applied to renovating a portable classroom that was donated to the shelter; it could be outfitted as an infirmary with a whelping room for nursing newborns. Also, the shelter could afford to buy stainless steel cages like those in veterinary hospitals. These provide a sterile environment and decrease the likelihood of cross-contamination of animals recovering from spay/neuter surgery.