Bloomington, Illinois | Visit Website
This shelter does not discriminate by dog breed, health status or age and provides care and rehabilitation until a forever home is found.
How this Shelter Helps Pets, People and the Community
- Rescues dogs from kill shelters and abusive or negligent owners
- Addresses all medical issues a dog may present and also vaccinates and spays or neuters
- Has a humane investigator to look into claims of dangerous situations
- Maintains an on-staff trainer to deal with dogs relinquished for behavioral issues
- Manages a foster program to acclimate dogs to loving family environments
- Holds weekend adoption events and a twice-a-month pet food bank
- Host a low-cost immunization clinic twice a year
By the Numbers
- Adopted out over 700 dogs last year
How $25,000 from HomeAgain Helps Would Aid this Shelter
With the Grand Prize money, Wish Bone Canine Rescue could move to a different location where it could house more dogs. It would also be able to create a spot dedicated to adoption appointments. It would be designed to make the first meeting less hectic and fearful for dogs, who potential adopters could then meet in a more relaxed state. An improved facility could also be even more responsive to the needs of dogs, adopters and the community.
The Wish Bone Canine Rescue is a non-profit rescue that takes dogs from high-kill shelters and finds them loving homes and families.