HomeAgain Helps Shelter of the Year Award
Official Terms and Conditions
I. Agreement to Official Terms and Conditions and Eligibility
Sponsor: Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health, a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.
Administrators: Flightpath, Inc., 36 W 25th St., 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010.
Sponsor is solely responsible for all aspects of this Award (“Award”). Participation in this Award constitutes the participant’s unconditional acceptance of and agreement to these Official Terms and Conditions, and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
Award is open to all U.S. shelters meeting the stated eligibility requirements of this promotion. Employees, directors and/or immediate family members or members of the household of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the Award are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Visit HomeAgainHelps.com during the Entry Period, click on the “Nominate a Shelter” button and follow the instructions provided.
- All nominators must be a resident of the U.S. and must be 18 years of age or older at the time of nomination. Subject to verification.
- There is no fee or purchase necessary to nominate a shelter or to win the award.
- Nomination period will begin July 2015 and end August 14, 2015.
- A nominator may nominate multiple shelters.
- Nominators must fill out a separate form for each nominee.
- An official representative of each nominee will have to agree to the terms and conditions in order for nominee to be selected as a finalist for the Award.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected nominations, which will not be eligible for consideration. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose information is submitted as part of this Award. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender; by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this offer that may limit the ability to participate; or by any human error that may occur in the processing of replies.
By entering the Award, all nominators: (a) give Sponsor full and complete usage rights to the Entry Materials (as defined below); (b) agree that all Entry Materials become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor for its use, as it deems appropriate, and for no further compensation, acknowledgement of or approvals by entrant and (c) agree that no Entry Materials will be returned to entrants. “Entry Materials” include:  all information and material submitted by nominator in connection with the Award, including the entry information and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by entrant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after entry; and  your name and other personal data as contained in or reflected by the entry.
If Sponsor is notified that any element of an entrant’s Submission infringes upon the rights of another person, or receives a legally valid request to remove or invalidate the affected entry because of such infringement, such entry may be removed and disqualified from the Award at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No entrant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such entrant’s Submission has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes, and such entrant has complied with the terms of these Official Terms and Conditions.
III. Judging Criteria
The following criteria will be used by the Sponsor in the selection of the HomeAgain Helps Shelter of the Year finalists and winner. Whether the candidate meets these criteria is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Shelters that are deemed ineligible for any reason after being selected as a finalist will be removed from voting.
- Total number of nominations a shelter receives
- Outstanding commitment to companion animal welfare
- Success in rescuing and reuniting lost pets
- Adoption success rate
Effective community outreach and impact
- Greater credit will be assigned to recent activities (previous 12 months) or on significant activities over a long period of time.
- Sponsor’s ability to verify information submitted in the nomination.
IV. Finalists and Winner
- Sponsor will select finalists.
- Finalists and designated representative(s) of grand-prize winning shelter agree to participate in print, online and/or broadcast media interviews and the use of their information and photo in all marketing and promotional materials.
- Finalists will be required to sign a media release before voting begins.
- Finalists agree to participate in a photo and video shoot to be used in promotion for the Award, including but not limited to use on the website and Sponsor social media properties.
- Finalists and winning shelter each agree to provide photos for marketing and promotional materials.
- Voting for the winner will be open to the public via the Award website on or about September 8, 2015 to September 30, 2015. Official voting period will be noted on the website.
- Users can vote via Facebook, Twitter or by using their Gmail account. One vote is allowed per account, per day.
- The finalist with the most public votes for his/her entry will win the Grand Prize for The HomeAgain Helps Shelter of the Year Award.
The Grand Prize Winner and 4 Runners-Up are subject to verification and approval and must meet the following criteria:
- Proof of 501(c) 3 status
- Contribute to companion animal welfare
Grand Prize Winner will receive a $25,000 donation, a computer and iPad, and a selection of Merck Animal Health products including a HomeAgain WorldScan microchip scanner.
Total estimated value of the grand prize package: $30,000.
The top four Runners-Up, not voted as Grand Prize Winner, will each receive a $2,500 donation, a computer and iPad, along with a selection of Merck Animal Health products including a HomeAgain WorldScan microchip scanner.
Total value of each runners-up package: $9,000.
The remaining finalists will receive a HomeAgain WorldScan microchip scanner, valued at $300.
Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Award or these Official Terms and Conditions if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Award, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. An official representative of the winner may be required, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release within fourteen (14) days of the issuance of such documents or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
People who enter the HomeAgain Helps Shelter of the Year Award accept all risk and consequences of entry and participation and agree to release and hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents and partners harmless from any and all consequences, liability, losses, damages (including without limitation, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or increased damages and those related to personal injury, death or damage to property) and costs and expenses, of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to this Award, including but limited to entry and participation in this Award, the acceptance and/or use (or misuse) of any prize, printing errors, any claims based upon rights of publicity and invasion of privacy. Entrant shall indemnify Sponsor, its officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to entrant’s violation or inaccuracy of any warrantees or representations made relating to this Award. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for errors that may occur in the transmission of entrant’s entry and is not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of the entrants. Should an entrant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Terms and Conditions, such entrant shall be subject to immediate disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or amend the Award at any time if the fairness, integrity, and or proper administration of the Award are jeopardized.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, United States of America, without regard to any choice of law principles. Entrant hereby agrees and irrevocably consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of New Jersey and of the United States of America for any and all claims arising from or related to this Agreement. Entrant agrees that all claims relating to this Award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
IX. Entire Agreement
These terms set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written.